John Bomarito : Experienced District Sales Manager, Vice President, Director, Marketing & Account Management & Solar Energy Pioneer
John Bomarito's Bio:
John Bomarito is known among his peers as personable. A problem solver. Marketing & Sales team leader. Keen ability to overcome challenges with limited resources. Unflappable and courageous. Passionate automotive industry advocate and historian. Served premier global brand OEM clients including: BMW, Hyundai, Kia, Cadillac, Buick Motor Division, Chevrolet, GM OnStar, Chrysler Corporation and GM Goodwrench(R), Service & Parts Operations. Pharmaceutical clients include Bristol-Myers Squibb Database Marketing Operations. Accomplished Marketing Director & leader. Keen ability to pinpoint objectives, set clear priorities & vision for the team and to see assignments through to completion. CHARACTER TRAITS * Thought Leadership * Proficient at Finding Innovative Solutions. * Creative Problem Solver * Trusted-Adviser, Self-Starter * Masterful at Implementing Change without Disruption * Building Bridges Across Disciplines to Maximize Aggregate Corporate Talents * Aptitude for Analytic Thinking & Predictive Modeling * Courageous - Clinical Approach to Challenges * Inspiring & Motivating Colleagues to Achieve Best Potential Marketing Talents include: CRM, Lead Conversion, Call Center, Customer Database Management, Integrated Marketing Campaigns, Shows & Events, Digital and Published Communications, Long-Form Advertising, Video News Releases, Optimizing Social Media Investments, Product Information Training, Fixed Operations, Lead Acquisition and Business Development. SPECIALTIES * Managing Deadline-Driven, Complex Projects Involving Multiple Vendors & Stakeholders * Dealership & Franchise Business Models * Product Training -Gifted Ability to Package & Position Detailed Technical Product Benefits * Data-Driven Marketing and Digital Campaign Insight * Cadenced Campaign Management and Customer Lifecycle Communications * Experiential & Event Marketing, Meetings, Shows & Exhibits * Compliance Officer Certification: FTC Safeguards Rule Compliance * Business law principles & contracts * Korean Culture
John Bomarito's Experience:
Senior District Sales Manager (DOM) Automotive Dealerships at Nissan North America, IncMay 2016 - Present | Las Vegas Nevada & San Bernardino, California
* District Sales Manager serving 12 dealers in Las Vegas, Nevada & San Bernardino, California territories * Responsible for achieving monthly wholesale objectives, retail sales forecasts & factory program enrollments * Review KPI metrics with dealer monthly & provide insights on the analytics and coaching for better results * Nurture dealer relationships and engagement in Nissan factory objectives
Inside Solar Energy Specialist at SolarCityAugust 2015 - May 2016 | Las Vegas, Nevada
Provide cheaper, cleaner energy and control over energy costs. SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. * Educate prospects on how solar energy delivers better power at a lowers cost * Create custom solar energy solutions using custom CAD design software * Configure system to customer's scope of energy needs * Help customer identify best alternative financial options from finance through lease alternatives * Remain cognizant of constantly changing Federal & State incentives and requirements * Manage customer life cycle through Salesforce CRM platform * Solution based selling, with emotional intelligence, to help customer understand & evaluate new technology benefits * Post-sale project management among various stakeholders to activate customers efficiently
Senior Account Executive & Team Lead ~ NCC Direct Automotive Division at National Credit Center (NCC)October 2013 - August 2015
o Develop new business relationships with automotive dealers nationally; Specifically target the Dealer Principal, General Manager or Group e-Commerce Director o Manage prospect life cycle through Salesforce customer management software platform o Mentor & Train new inside sales staff, provide closing support, review outbound communications and scripting plus one-on-one daily coaching & counseling feedback * Subject matter expert on software features and benefits with demonstrated technical aptitude * Resource for competitive comparisons * Handled customer escalations to positively impact retention metrics * Develop custom ROI calculations and manage customer expectations for success * Provide automobile dealers with consumer credit reporting and compliance services Provide strategic tier III digital marketing solution to automotive dealers. Share thought leadership and coach client on best practices to optimize lower funnel customer acquisition results. Enable dealer to streamline customer engagement. Support CSi objectives by improving customer's dealership buying experience. Teach a methodical approach to quantify digital media results and adapt marketing mix to capitalize on individualized buyer behavior metrics.
National Business to Business Inside Sales & Regional Account Manager - Automotive Dealerships at eLend SolutionsApril 2012 - October 2013
Similar software solution marketed to same vertical and audience as above National Credit Center position, in an inside sales role. Responsible for developing cold leads, identifying decision-maker, creating an emotional connection to the product and delivering closed business under monthly-driven deadlines. Coached dealers on best practices to optimize results and leverage social media investments. Northeast Regional Account Manager for 12 States.Trained authorized automobile dealership personnel on use of cloud-based secure, interactive consumer credit loan application which included compliance package and lead management suite of tools.
Vice President, National Director Exhibitions & Promotions Auto Shows & Events Hyundai Motor America at Innocean USA (Hyundai-Kia Captive OEM Agency formerly WMG)October 2008 - October 2010
* Managed, nurtured and motivated group of 7-10 direct reports * Conducted quarterly and annual employee reviews and compensation recommendations * Recruited, hired and trained seasoned professionals * Wrote annual business plan and provided revenue and expense forecasts * Addressed customer escalations and instituted process improvements * Prepared department standard operations and processes * Acted as the bridge to multiple stakeholders to ensure all voices reflected in final deliverable * Represented global Innocean brand to clients and stakeholders with industry influence * Supported voluntary corporate community relations efforts at public events * Contract negotiation, applied principles of business law and supplier sourcing * Group P&L forecasting and management * Responsible for managing & growing outside client relationships Led Promotions Group at OEM level in delivering 68 auto shows, four major press events, annual National dealer meetings, consumer experiential event marketing, digital retail interactive dealership point of sale displays, merchandising and product specialist talent, for Hyundai & Kia. Developed over $21 million in new annual recurring revenue. Achieved 57% expansion in group capabilities. Surmounted numerous internal cultural barriers to advance business objectives.
Member: Professional Industry Association at American Marketing Association - Phoenix ChapterApril 2007 - April 2010
Marketing science best practices shared collaboratively among peers employed with Fortune 500 Phoenix area businesses, such as Dial Corporation, US Airways, LifeLock, PetSmart, Go Daddy, Coldstone Creamery etc. Special Interest Groups focused on direct marketing and social media sciences to foster innovative approach to marketing solutions.
Principal: Director of Business Operations, Sales, Marketing, Event Marketing & Community Relations at Thunderbird Marketing LLCJanuary 2004 - October 2008
* Responsible for all aspects of outside sales, inside sales marketing, creative direction and business operations as provider of direct mail, search engine marketing (SEO) and brand image services * Brand development, Corporate Identity and Image positioning * Franchise owner: Money Mailer of North Macomb providing Shared and Solo Mail Services * Provided franchise owners and small business owners with traffic-building marketing services * Published small business article author on MichiganSmallBiz.com site * President, Money Mailer Detroit Advertising Association, responsible for creating co-op TV, Print & Direct Mail campaigns for participating Southeast Michigan franchises * Contract negotiation, applied principles of business law and supplier sourcing * Company finance, P&L and forecasting * Chamber of Commerce networking * Managed outside suppliers for creative services, print production and database list selection services * Hired, trained and managed outside sales team
Vice President, Managing Director, CRM Division, Call Center, Logistics at VSI Automotive Marketing (Division of VSI Holdings, Inc.)March 1998 - January 2004
* General Manager responsible for P&L, Sales, Employee Retention & Crisis Management * Served Automotive OEM clients including GM OnStar & Chevrolet Motor Division * Managed $27 million CRM division of marketing services company, reporting direct to COO * Managed five direct divisional managers and 200 indirect reports, providing motivation and career- path planning at all levels * Full-scope inbound / outbound 450-seat call center with database management, warehouse storage, fulfillment and logistics capabilities Vice President Group Managing Director, (98-01) * Rescued failing $3-million account by leading cross functional team from call center, account management and M.I.S. groups serving Pharmaceutical Database Marketing Operations client. Results: + Delivered three-year contract renewal, after client gave 30-day termination notice + Awarded new outbound loyalty program +100% improvement in customer satisfaction metrics over six-month time period + New multistate clinical trial recruitment assignment * Automotive inbound & outbound customer contact center, fulfillment facility, database operations and re-marketer of extended service contracts. Handled all GM Auto Show in Motion registration and relationship marketing * Long-Form Advertising programs for pharmaceutical and Chevrolet Silverado launch clients * Capitalized on behavioral research and anthropological insights, to drive Truck buyer messaging * Contract negotiation, applied principles of business law and supplier sourcing
Vice President, Director, Buick Motor Division Account Cross-Brand Marketing & GM OnStar Telematics at McCann-EricksonFebruary 1993 - March 1998
* Marketing partner / AOR at OEM level, serving clients at Buick Motor Division & GM OnStar * Created multiple new revenue streams utilizing existing staff and resources * Consistently delivered increased contribution margins, managing group P&L * Pioneered wider scope of agency capabilities by capitalizing on non-traditional, guerilla marketing * Advisory role on Buick internal marketing committees -Cross-brand marketing & Corporate Identity * Created agency's first formal product information department * Managed, nurtured and motivated group of 5-7 direct reports, pioneering innovative workplace flexibility to positively impact employee performance and retention * Conducted annual employee reviews and compensation recommendations * Recruited, hired and trained new employees * Personally addressed customer escalations and instituted process improvements * Prepared department standard operations and processes and maintained Buick Motor Division style guide for all consumer communications * Worked closely with Product Planning / Product Marketing, on packaging & positioning, product information accuracy and consistent messaging * Legal claim substantiation and compliance with FTC advertising laws * Contract negotiation, applied principles of business law and supplier sourcing Senior Account Executive 1990-1991 * Managed $15-million Buick catalog program, custom publications and dealer advertising planning tools. Interfaced with Buick Motor Division senior management daily
Account Supervisor ~ General Motors Service & Parts Operations & General Motors Corporate Marketing at Leo Burnett (Formerly D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles Advertising)July 1991 - February 1993
* Spearheaded award winning integrated marketing program designed to launch new Quick Lube Plus franchise nationwide. Largest, most successful fully-integrated marketing program undertaken by GM Service & Parts Operations, to change fixed operations culture and consumer behavior toward dealership service department. * Results: + 32% increase in parts sales + 30% new customer acquisition rate + 500 new dealers enrolled. -- Program earned CADDY award for Integrated Marketing & Creativity -- Wholesale through Retail integration * Test marketed niche program initiatives for General Motors Corporation * Served OEM clients at GM Service & Parts Operations & GM Corporate
John Bomarito's Education:
Oakland UniversityBachelor of Applied Science (BASc)Concentration: Economics & Management Major: MarketingActivities: President, Founding Member, Oakland University AMA Marketing Club
Chrysler Marketing Institute1978 – -Conference on Automotive Retail Selling Course
Huthwaite InternationalSPIN(R) SellingConcentration: Large Account Solution-Selling Grounded in Serving Client-Specific Objectives.
John Bomarito's Interests & Activities:
PERSONAL INTERESTS John Bomarito actively participates in personal fitness training through Les Mills mind, body & soul conditioning group fitness classes, including Bodypump, Bodyflow (Bodybalance) & CxWorx. In his free time he enjoys hiking & horseback riding through historic old West sites and National Parks, including Superstition Mountain Wilderness area, Goldfield, Lost Dutchman State Park, Valley of Fire, Four Peaks, Spur Cross Ranch recreation area, Calico, Boulder Dam etc. Cars --John Bomarito owns a 1960 Buick Invicta Convertible, A passionate car buff, John Bomarito enjoys automotive collectibles including factory literature (advertising & catalogs) and Scale Models ~ focused on cars from 1960's & 1970's.